• Why do I need an account?

    You need a super account for your employer to pay your super contributions into.  If you don't provide your employer with your own super account when you start a new job, your employer will pay contributions for you into a 'default' fund that they choose.
  • How do I join?

    You can join the Fund online here. If you would like to know the details and prefer paper, download our Product Disclosure Statement (PDS).
  • What happens if I leave the industry?

    You can stay a member of GuildSuper regardless of which industry you work in.  When you change employers your account stays open and you continue to enjoy the benefits of your membership.
  • Can I remain a member of GuildSuper?

    Yes you can. You can remain a member of GuildSuper wherever you work, regardless of industry type or job. All you need to do is tell your new employer that you would like your super payments made into your account. Complete the Choice of Superannuation Fund form and give it to your employer.
  • What does my employer need when I start a new job?

    You need to give your new employer a completed Choice of Superannuation Fund form which includes your member number.  If your employer has not made any payments into GuildSuper before, you will also need to give them a Letter of Compliance - which is on the back of the Choice of Fund form.
  • Should my child be receiving super?

    This depends on your child's age.  If your child is under 18 and working for more than 30 hours per week and is earning at least $450 each month then s/he should be receiving super. 
  • Why haven't I received any information?

    There may be a number of reasons, the most likely being we don't have your current postal address. To check that we have your correct address login here or call our Member Services Team on 1300 361 477.
  • How can I find my member number?

    You can find it on your latest statement or your member card, including your digital card by logging into your online account.  If you've checked all of these and still can't find your number, then call our Member Services Team on 1300 361 477.
  • Can I get online access?

    Yes you can.  If you gave us your email address when you joined, then you would have been provided with a password.  If you can't find your password, click here to reset it.
    If you haven't given us your email address, then call our Member Services Team on 1300 361 477.  We will then email your password to you which you will then need to reset.
  • How do I reset my PIN/password?

    Go to your online account, click on the reset your PIN tab, then enter your member number and your date of birth, and then hit submit.  We will then email you a new pin/password which you will then need to reset.
  • How can I check if my employer has made my super payments?

    The best way to check if your employer has paid your super is to login to your account, that way you check at any time how much as been paid and when.

    You can also register for our quarterly payment alerts. To register, call our Member Services Team on 1300 361 477 and provide your email address & mobile number.  We will email or SMS you every three months to let you know how much has been paid into your account.
  • How can I check my account balance?

    You can check your account balance by logging in to your account.  You will also receive at least one statement each year which  contains a summary of your account including your balance.  Login now now to check your account balance.
  • What insurance cover do I have?

    Eligible members receive Default Death, Total and Permanent Disablement (TPD) and Income Protection (IP) insurance cover. The amount of Default cover you receive depends on your age. How much you pay for cover will depend on your age and occupation. Check how much cover you have by logging in to your account or by calling 1300 361 477
    If there is insufficient money in your account to pay the insurance fees your cover will be cancelled. And importantly, if no contributions or rollovers are paid into your account for a 16-month period, your account will be deemed inactive and regardless of balance your insurance may be cancelled. Please refer to the Insurance Guide for more information on this. 
  • How do I update my address?

    You can update your address by logging in to your account, or by calling our Member Services Team on 1300 361 477.
  • How do I update my beneficiary?

    You can update your non-binding beneficiary nomination by logging into your account. To make or update a binding nomination, complete the Binding Death Benefit Nomination form and return it to GuildSuper.
  • How do I update my name?

    You will need to complete a Change of Name / Date of Birth form and return it to the Fund with proof of the change.
  • How do I combine all of my super accounts into GuildSuper?

    To combine your super fund accounts, log in to your account and complete a Rollover Request.
  • How do I make an additional contribution?

    You can make additional contributions by BPAY, payroll deduction or by direct debit.  You can find your BPAY biller code on your most recent member statement or on your digital member card by logging in to your online account 
  • How do the fees work?

    Fees get taken out of your account on a monthly basis to pay for administration, insurance and investment of your funds.  For more information see the How GuildSuper Works Guide.
  • I received two statements - why do I have two accounts?

    This can happen when you move from one employer to another.  It's often due to a spelling mistake or typo.

    Call our Member Services Team on 1300 361 477.  They will ask which account you'd like to keep and arrange for the other one to be merged into it.
  • Why have I received a statement after closing my account?

    When you close your account you will be sent an exit statement.

    If the statement you've received is an Annual Statement, then it's likely a payment has been made on your behalf after you closed your account, which has subsequently generated a new account for you.  To find out more call our Member Services Team on 1300 361 477.
  • How do I rollout?

    GuildSuper values your loyalty and never wants you to leave and go to another fund. But if you do have to go, then you will need to complete a rollover request from the fund that you want to roll your account into. You may be able to do this online, or else by downloading one of their rollover forms. You will need to check this with the fund you're rolling in to.

    If you are making personal contributions into GuildSuper, then make sure you complete the Notice of intent to claim or vary a deduction for personal super contributions (NAT 71121) form and send that to us before we process your rollover to the other fund or close your account. That way we will make sure your personal contributions are recorded as concessional contributions.
  • My Employer wants to pay to a new fund - what can I do?

    When an employer selects a new fund, in most circumstances they are required to provide you with a Choice of Superannuation Fund form.

    To stay with GuildSuper you will need to complete this form, list GuildSuper as your choice of fund, and then hand it back to your employer.  If you don't complete and then return this form, your employer is entitled to pay your super into a fund of his or her choice.
  • How can I get my statement electronically?

    To receive your annual statement electronically, simply call our Member Services Team on 1300 361 477 and provide us with your email address.
  • What are after-tax (non-concessional) contributions?

    After-tax (non-concessional) contributions are contributions you make using after-tax money. The advantages of making a personal after-tax contribution is that they are not subject to tax when you contribute the money to super. You may also be eligible to receive government co-contribution or use it towards First Home Super Savers Scheme (FHSSS).

    An annual tax-free cap of $110,000pa applies. These contributions are subject to age eligibility and work tests – in general you need to be under 65, or if you’re 65-74 years old and have met the work criteria.

  • How are SUPERSUPER contributions treated?

    SUPERSUPER contributions that are made into your GuildSuper account are treated as after-tax (non-concessional) contributions. In other words, they are paid into your super account using after-tax money. Annual limits apply, more information can be found here
  • Wanting to claim a tax deduction on your SUPERSUPER contributions?

    You can do this by making a personal deductible contribution. Some eligibility criteria and rules apply.

    How does this work?

    After you’ve made an after-tax contribution (in this case your SUPERSUPER contributions) into your super account, you have until the earlier of, before you lodge your tax return and the end of the following financial year, to claim your tax deduction. You have to let us know you intend to claim a deduction in your tax return by giving us a call and completing the Notice of intent to claim or vary a personal super contributions form before lodging your tax return.

Contact us today

1300 361 477


Send us a message